First Global Logistics Execute Full Door to Door Production Line Machinery Project
First Global Logistics was awarded by one of the biggest pulp & paper companies in the Middle East for shipping their new production line machinery from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia up to Alexandria, Egypt for their new plant in Egypt. This nomination came after presenting a technical solution based on machinery dismantling to fit in containers instead of break bulk which saved a lot of freight costs to the client. The production line machinery was the scope of shipping for this project from the door supplier in Riyadh to the final place of delivery in Alexandria, Egypt.
First Global Logistics successfully shipped the 1st shipment (Production line 1) and their job commenced in the middle of April, covering all the following services:
- Cargo survey for the shipping solution decision.
- Machinery dismantling in accordance with technical surveyors reports to fit the container stuffing work.
- Cranes/ Forklifts and labor mobilization and demobilization at the suppliers site.
- Trucking services included emptying the full containers from Jeddah port to be transported to the supplier’s address.
- All road permits and approvals for OOG.
- All customs clearances and documentation formalities at the origin/destination.
- On carriage from Alexandria port to the client’s plant.
The first job was accomplished by shipping 18 containers (10*40’ HC + 5*40’OT OOG + 3*40’ Flat rack OOG) with a total weight of 330 tons and a total CBM of 1081.00 m3.
There are still two jobs remaining that are similar to First Global Logistics existing work, expected to be 15 containers each including special equipment usage so the whole project can achieve 38 containers covering a 100% Door to Door project service.