XLProjects is a proud member of The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA).
SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.
SC&RA is organized into four groups under a Board of Directors. These groups focus on their specific concerns while working together for the common good:
- The Allied Industries Group provides a gamut of products and services for other SC&RA members. They rely on SC&RA’s major meetings to network with their customers and help the Association uphold its reputation for conducting first-class meetings by contributing thousands of dollars as event sponsors.
- The Crane & Rigging Group covers rigging, crane rental and millwright work and addresses such areas as labor relations; safety legislation, regulations and standards; trends in technology and equipment; permit policies and procedures for transporting cranes; and loss prevention, accident investigation and litigation management.
- The Ladies Group consists of women affiliated with or married to employees of an SC&RA member company. Members largely direct their efforts to furthering the SC&R Foundation, which provides industry-related research and scholarships to students preparing for a career in the industry.
- The Transportation Group encompasses the various specialized carriers and addresses such areas as federal regulations involving hours-of-service, electronic on-board recorders and load securement; regional permitting of oversize/overweight loads; pilot car best practices; anti-terrorism; and litigation concerns.
With a host of products, publications and services, including safety, technical and reference materials, SC&RA is a vital source of information for an ever-changing industry. Updated materials keep members and the industry abreast of current perspectives and emerging trends.
SC&RA hosts five major annual meetings, including the January Board and Committee Meetings, Specialized Transportation Symposium, Annual Conference, Crane & Rigging Workshop, and Financial & Risk Management Seminar. These meetings provide valuable educational and networking opportunities for members.
An important component of SC&RA is the SC&R Foundation, which provides education and specialized industry research. Led by the Foundation Board, committees are charged to develop and promote programs, research surfacing industry projects, and develop and administer a scholarship program to benefit both the industry and member companies.
SC&RA provides many benefits that will strengthen your business and expand your network of industry resources. Association programs are driven by the desire to help your business thrive. A few of SC&RA’s key offerings include:
- Representation at federal and state levels. By working closely with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Department of Transportation, SC&RA works to keep the industry up-to-date on laws and regulations affecting your business.
- The Awards Program honors companies and individuals for outstanding safety performance and excellent service to the industry. Job of the Year awards are given to companies displaying superior work on exceptional jobs. These accomplishments are publicized through articles in publications such as International Cranes & Specialized Transport, American Cranes, Cranes Today, Crane Hotline and a host of other trade publications.
- Member-only affinity programs offer assistance to your company. For example, the employee insurance program offered by NationsBuilders Insurance Services (NBIS) provides a specialized package to SC&RA members only.
- The weekly SC&RA newsletter, our official international and domestic publications, and website are accessible avenues that keep you “in the loop” on information and Association programs.