Egyptian Global Logistics Save Egypt’s Major Project Port Said East New Container Jetty from Delay
· Agent: Egyptian Global Logistics, Singapore
· Transport Mode: Multimodal
· Commodity: Steel Pipes
· Weight 43 tons
· Dimensions: 34 meters Length – 2 meters Diameter
Project: Egypt announced the beginning of a new berth construction of 4.5 km at Suez Canal container terminal.
Target: Discharging 68 pipes (38 pipes at portside & 30 pipes at starboard side)
Problems & Obstacles before & after discharging:
- The only berth at Suez Container Terminal is always occupied; waiting time could reach 20 days!
- Ship crane out of order
- No shore crane available to discharge cargo with vessel breadth of 27.000 M
- Vessel must berth first Portside to discharge 38 pipes and then turn and berth by starboard side A/S to discharge 30 pipes
- All pipes loaded on board with welding of 68 H-Stopper & 220 D-ring lashing
- Maximum Draft at the Project area is less than 2M which is not convenient for barge’s draft
- Grinding Vessels deck (after discharging)
- GRT/18,108 MT
- NRT/10,015 MT
- LOA/169.03 M
- Breadth/ 27.00
Vessel arrived to Port Said and announced that ship crane is not in order and no shore crane is available for discharging such cargo Suez Canal Container Terminal.
Everyone was searching for a solution, but nothing comes up.
EGL suggested using the barges used in moving containers from Port Said East to Port Said West and here came the Idea of discharging cargo at Port Said West inner anchorage by:
- Discharging cargo at Port Said West inner anchorage by Using Suez Canal Floating Crane
- Hire barges to transport the cargo from vessel position to project area through Suez Canal service channel
- Off-loading pipes at project area on trucks
- Moving to pipes to storage area
EGL succeeded among others to innovate and find a way of saving Egypt’s project in the shortest time possible, EGL innovate others to copy.
You can find EGL’s Project video on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSu1qGz6RpA
For more information, please contact [email protected]