EGL & KADMAR Successfully delivered 2 SIEMENS Transformers of 135 Tons each to El Galala Power Station
Egyptian Global Logistics (EGL) Egypt, subsidiary of KADMAR GROUP successfully delivered 2 transformers of 175 MVA from the port of Alexandria to the El Galala Power Station at the Egypt Red Sea coast.
The project involved the shipping agency, discharging, transportation and installing to the concrete foundation of two Siemens transformers for phase 3 of El Galala Power Station loaded from Antwerp via Alexandria port to El Galala city at Sokhna (Egyptian Red Sea coast).
EGL scope was as follows:
- Shipping agent for M/V STELLER ATLANTIC at Alexandria on 09-Apr-2018.
- Stevedoring for discharging of the 2 Trafos using DEMAG TC3200 mobile shore crane of 500-ton capacity.
- Granting all necessary permits from the Road and Bridges Authority (RBA) as well as Traffic Police and local city Traffic Police for escorting on the route from the Alexandria port to the El Galala area.
- The trucking of the 2 Transformers of 135 tons, L842 cm x W328 cm x H489 cm each from the port of Alexandria to the El Galala station located 480 km from the port using 2 Modular trailers 12 Axle lines GOLDHOFER.
- Installing of the 2 Trafos onto the concrete foundation using Enerpek hydraulic jacking and skidding system.
EGL had to go through an alternative route involving narrow roads, bridges and residential areas but succeeded in safe delivery of the two Transformers to the installation site. After a long journey, EGL overcame distance, obstacles and tight schedules, solving the challenges in the fastest, safest and most cost-effective way.
Stay tuned with EGL latest news