EGL & Kadmar deliver two 243 ton stators for Siemens in Egypt
EGL, a member of Kadmar Group has successfully completed transportation of 2 Siemens stators weighing 243 tons each from Nubaria power station located 140 km from the port of Alexandria to Antwerp, Belgium.
The EGL scope of tasks included:
1) Loading of the stators from the ground to the 16 Axle Goldhofer modular trailer using the jacking system
2) Trucking the stators from Nubaria power station to El Dekheila (Alexandria) port
3) Unloading of the stators on the EGL stacking yard using EGL certified special designed supports and beams
4) Loading and trucking of the stators from the stacking area to the quay side
5) Loading of the stators on board of the heavy lift carrier m/v Emslift Nelle using the vessel’s combined 2 x 150-ton cranes.
The job included route survey for choosing the route, port of loading, getting the necessary permissions from the roads and bridges authorities and the local authority of the port.
Then the vessel sailed from El Dekheila directly to Antwerp where the 2 stators were safely discharged to the barge for further transportation to Germany. Due to careful planning, precise maneuvering and absolute precision, EGL overcame distance, obstacles and tight schedules, solving the challenges in the fastest, safest and the most cost-effective way. Thanks to the EGL Project Team for the cooperation.
EGL has achieved this success without comprising on safety aspects and due to careful planning. EGL continues to impress the market with their well trained staff along with the latest fleet equipment available in Egypt.
Project video available on YouTube : www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x6_-G51xdE&t=33s